PBaldy and his growing family tree (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:06
Ah, sounds like America author Mark Twain's family tree - a tree with but a single branch and a dangling rope.

But then again, he was known to exaggerate in his writings.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:06
Perhaps loosely related to this thread, I just had an email containing these lines...

The legacy plan will exist until the shutdown of the old fixer API for new registrations.
Of course, you are grandfathered in this one, as long you don't cancel your account.

I'd never heard of this phrase before
Polite way of saying I'm an old user therefore they'll be nice to me? :D

EDIT - looked it up
To be "grandfathered in" means you are allowed to keep doing something just because you've been doing it for a while already, even though you would not otherwise meet the new (stricter) requirements.

Same difference really;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 17:06
Congrats to Paul and everyone else. Grandkids are fun and as has been noted you can hand them back, if I regenerate I will miss out the middle person. I have two boys aged 5 and 7 and on a recent holiday with them they out ran me, beat me at football and rugby and in the pool, but I am still king of the air-hockey table! I'm lucky in that they live only a 5 minute walk away.

Brian

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:06
Thanks Brian and Cosmos!

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
The_Doc_Man;1573439]Good grief! Catalina, I don't know whether to congratulate you for having such a prolific family or commiserate with you for the chaos at family gatherings.

Most of them live fairly close although we don't see them often. One of them is now 10 years old and the last time I saw him he was just a few days old.

Anyway, since I cannot impress you with my mediocre Access skills I though I would try it this way and stand out in the crowd.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I know how you feel about those growing kids. I remember rocking my oldest grandson to sleep under a full moon. (He liked it like that, go figure.) Now instead of being a shoulder hugger, he's a tall, lanky 6' 2-3" - reminds you of Jeremy in the "Zits" comic strip. OK, it has been more than 10 years - but I still remember little T-boy on my shoulder squirming, squirming, squirming... and then suddenly going as limp as a sack of potatoes. Now he can literally eat a bowl of soup off my head assuming I would be steady enough to balance one. (Which I'm probably not.)

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
Just last night I was informed that #12 is on its way.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Whoa! Catalina, that's great. My mother's family had nine total. By the time the next generation rolled around, we had family reunions with as many as 70 people showing up. Over 50 cousins. Total free-for-all - but a great memory.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Wow! Can you apply for your own zip code? :p

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
Compared to our former neighbors we are beginners: they have 27.

But's it's not in the numbers, is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom