The expression is typed incorrectly Error (1 Viewer)

dbaker5204

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:04
So I have a report that I have been running for awhile now and nothing has changed with it, this whole week it has run fine and today I get the following error:
"The expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables."

I only have a date prompt on the report and I re-typed the date several times to ensure I didn't mistype it.

The odd thing, the query that builds the report runs with no issue. When I try putting the query in a different report, I get the same error.

Any ideas?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Does it run for the previous dates? If so, it sounds data related. Hard to say what without seeing the expression(s). Something Null perhaps.

dbaker5204

Registered User.
Local time
No, it does not. Which is weird because it worked yesterday and all the days before.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:04
You really haven't given us much to work with.

1. Did you install/uninstall anything including OS updates?
2. Open any module in the editor and to to Tools/References. Is any reference marked missing?
3. Do you have any compile errors?
4. Are all modules set to Option Explicit to require variable definition? If not, you could be running into an error that showed up because different code is being executed based on data and that code was not previously tested.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 14:04
..Which is weird because it worked yesterday and all the days before.
Have you look if all the newly added data in the table(s) have valid values?
Else post your database with some sample data + description how to reproduce the error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom