Active X Control Shrinks (1 Viewer)

damian

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:49
Hi

I've embedded a Windows Media Player (WMP) active x control in the header of a continuous form. Works well until I either scroll through the records or click on different records - the WMP decreases in size until it's no bigger than a postage stamp.

I've looked at various settings both in the form header and the control but nothing seems to jumpo out at me - anyone experience this behaviour?

Any help, as always, is much appreciated

Cheers

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 13:49
Interesting. Do you have any code relating to the WMP in your OnCurrent handler? Or anything to do with the scale or size of that WMP control anywhere else?

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:49
I can't help but think that it must be linked to the shrinking U.S. dollar! :D

Seriously, I really can't help but think that this behavior is a sign of corruption of the ActiveX Control. With think of corruption in terms of Forms or entire Databases, but Controls can and do become corrupt, as well.

I'd simply Delete the current Control and re-create it.

Linq ;0)>

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 13:49
If you do it fast enough, the reason could also be the relativistic contraction :D

damian

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all your feedback (well almost all), didn't realise anyone replied and did exactly what linq recommended and it worked. Cheers

carlton

Local time
I've the same problem. I've a form with several tabs, each with a media player. Despite all using the same code and properties, two shrink and one functions normally. I've deleted the controls and recreated the with no effect. 🤬

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom