Linking Two Subforms Issue (1 Viewer)

MJenergybusiness

Local time
Today, 15:59
Good Morning,

I need some assistance with linking two subforms on a form I have created. My first subform has a combo box of customers an few fields that update when a selection is made. The other fields are the customer's address and other info. I have a 2nd subform that i would like the customers name to be shown in that will be displayed on another part of the form. When I select the combo to choose the customer I would like that to pop up on the other subform as well. I have research some different methods of linking subforms. Please assist and let me know the best way to do this? Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

MJ

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:59
You say
I have research some different methods of linking subforms
Let us know what you have found and we might be able to advise which is best

MJenergybusiness

Local time
Today, 15:59
You sayLet us know what you have found and we might be able to advise which is best

Thanks for the reply. I have attached a txt document with the site links and the directions. I don't have 10 posts yet so the forum isn't allowing me to post hyperlinks yet :-/. For the first link, I do not see link master fields or link child fields in my properties sheet. I am not sure if either of these options are the right method I should use. I am still getting use to building a access database again, since I haven't done it in over 2 years. Thanks.

Attachments

• link.txt
    166 bytes · Views: 89

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:59
With respect, I don't have time to do your research for you and I don't have time to visit the links you have provided.

Suggest we go back to the beginning and you explain in more detail what it is you want to achieve

My first subform has a combo box of customers an few fields that update when a selection is made
What does this mean? what are you selecting, what are you updating - provide examples

When I select the combo to choose the customer I would like that to pop up on the other subform as well.
What does this mean - what is 'that'? what do you mean by pop up? What are the controls/recordsource of this other subform? Once it has popped up, what do you want to do with it? View only? edit?

From your research, what have you tried so far, what didn't work and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom