DB on opening Win 10 (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 19:31
My wife wants me to set her computer up so that the Access 2016 calendar I made for her loads when she opens her computer. Is there a way to do that? I haven't found anything googling it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:31
Hi. Have you tried putting a shortcut to the database in the StartUp Menu?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:31
I'm sure it could be done, and I'm sure someone will let you know! However there is an alternative which might be nearly as good and is straight forward.

Open your MS Access database, then open the Navigation Pane (usually on the left) --- click on the link for the particular form you want to open and drag it to your desktop. This will automatically create a special button on your desktop "A Microsoft Access Form Shortcut"...

Close MS Access, then press on that Shortcut/Button and it will open MS Access and that particular Form. Very simple and easy to do.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 19:31
I'm sure it could be done, and I'm sure someone will let you know! However there is an alternative which might be nearly as good and is straight forward.

Open your MS Access database, then open the Navigation Pane (usually on the left) --- click on the link for the particular form you want to open and drag it to your desktop. This will automatically create a special button on your desktop "A Microsoft Access Form Shortcut"...

Close MS Access, then press on that Shortcut/Button and it will open MS Access and that particular Form. Very simple and easy to do.

She has icons for everything she needs to get to. In fact I made her a db with great big cmd's to take her to whatever web site she wants to visit. She is in a nursing home, and is up in age her memory is going. She forgets to open her calendar. When I googled this I did read something about start up but I must have done something wrong. I will try it again.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Make sure the calendar form in the DB is the startup form if you just put a shortcut in StartUp.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I googled this I did read something about start up but I must have done something wrong.

You can go directly to the Startup folder, just open any folder, replace the folder link? UNC? (I KNOW "PATH") With shell:startup and it will change the folder to the Startup folder.

Drag your link in to the Startup folder (the link created by dragging the Form Link from MS Access to the Desktop) When you start your computer it will open MS Access to that particular Form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom