Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Introduce Yourself

Old 10-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
Micron
Newly Registered User

Micron is on a distinguished road
Hello From Ontario - Not California!

Living in Ontario, Canada for all of my life. I have tried to keep my Access knowledge out of the cobwebs of my mind by contributing a bit over at Access Forums.net. There are a few posts over there under the same handle/moniker (Micron).

Have entered a few details on my profile page to get started. Not much to say other than what's there, plus that I'm here because Isaldog? recommended that I join. You might know of him at AFN as Ridders52 as do I.

I tend to be a bit of a private person - don't do Facebook, Twitter and all of the other social platforms. Email is OK, but I'd much rather talk to someone as opposed to texting 15 times to get across what we can speak in 20 seconds. That's my bent.

Oh, and you might not get my humour sometimes, so don't automatically assume I'm being disrespectful. As someone once quipped, I have a sense of humour - you just have to look for it. I try to make up for it by helping out. Truth be told, I have at times spent days working on complex Access solutions for others, all free gratis of course. Just in my nature, I guess - not that my wife would agree...

Last edited by Micron; 10-19-2018 at 07:00 PM. Reason: formatting
Micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #2
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,171 Times in 1,071 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello From Ontario - Not California!

I understand your stance on Facebook. The way I think of social networks is that I refuse to join them. Now if I could just find some anti-social networks...
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
NauticalGent
Pristine Curmudgeon
Gold Supporter

NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to AWF and I completely understand the humor bit. I have a ability to actually make people mad when I’m trying to make them smile. I always assumed it was them being too sensitive but the number of people I have “victimized” is rather large and continues to grow. Beginning to think it might be me..

Nah, it’s them...definitely

Old 10-19-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,567 Posts
isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice

Hi micron.
Glad you made it here. Your intro doesn't do justice to your high level of skill and knowledge which is certainly evident in the 'few' posts (currently 4448) you have made at AccessForums.net.
Enjoy the party here at AWF. It's a very social network .... most of the time ....far better than Facebook

Web links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

Last edited by isladogs; 10-19-2018 at 11:50 PM.
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:13 AM   #5
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,824 Posts
jdraw is just really nice jdraw is just really nice jdraw is just really nice jdraw is just really nice jdraw is just really nice

Welcome Micron.
We have "talked" on AccessForumNet. I had assumed (wrongly) that you were here as well. I do not do Facebook, Twitter etc---must be an age thing.
I agree with the others --your presence here is most welcome.

jdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:34 AM   #6
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraw View Post
I do not do Facebook, Twitter etc
Not age just common sense!

I rarely do Twitter only for promotion of my website and that's seldom anyway...

I am increasingly becoming aware that Facebook is just a place for people to gripe about everything and anything... Like the news it is just a Downward Spiral into despair! So I'm gradually weaning myself off it.

I do like Jon's new forum,

The "Mind Tavern"

https://themindtavern.com/community/

although I'm not spending enough time there, indeed I'm not spending that much time on the internet at all lately!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)
Uncle Gizmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:04 AM   #7
Micron
Newly Registered User

Thanks for the accolades. Better to come from the likes of you rather than me blowing my own horn. Yeah, there's more than a "few" posts at AFN; that's just my old "humour" thing cropping up again. Or is it that I'm just a humble guy?

Confession in advance: I may have to join Facebook one day, just to be able to use their messenger app. In Canada, our cell phone charges are about the highest in the world, or so says the news. If we go to Florida, it costs around $55/month per phone for a roaming package that would enable me to use cellular data or calling without paying punishing US roaming charges. That's on top of the usual $35/month fee. Messenger enables texting without using cellular data.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. Patience while I learn the ins and outs of this forum!

Old 10-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #8
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,567 Posts
isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice isladogs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micron View Post
Confession in advance: I may have to join Facebook one day!
OK we take back all the warm words of welcome....

Web links:

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:48 AM   #9
Micron
Newly Registered User

Ok, then I'm outta here....

Just kidding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: