Help with passing current record for Mail merge (Please!!!) (1 Viewer)

Jajm1213

Local time
Yesterday, 21:04
Hello all,

I have an issue that I know has been beat to death but I can't seem to get anything to work. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Here is the current situation: I am working on a database for credit card disputes. I have 3 tables as follows - Customer, All Disputes, Dispute Details. They all have a one to many relationship (ex-one customer can have many cards (and in turn multiple disputes) and those disputes can involve multiple merchants (dispute details).

I have a form to enter new customer information. It contains a datasheet subform for their disputes and when you select a dispute, the bottom most subform displays the details of that dispute. (Entry form>All Disputes subform>Dispute Details subform).

My problem is that I want a button on the form that will pass the information to word as a mail merge. I currently have it setup that the button will open a saved mail merge doc, and run a macro that will go to the last record of the mail merge and print. Very simple, but inneffective if you want to print the current record the form is looking at.

I've been trying to use Albert D. Kallal's super simple mail merge; but it's innefective as it is only pulling the customer information from the form for the merge. Is there a way to 'tell' word what mail merge record I'm on for it to print? The mail merge is already set up and tied to the database via a query in Access.
(This is me right now = :banghead:)

Any thoughts??? Sorry for the book and thanks in advance....

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Yesterday, 19:04
RE: I currently have it setup that the button will open a saved mail merge doc, and run a macro that will go to the last record of the mail merge and print. Very simple, but inneffective if you want to print the current record the form is looking at.

Use the code tags - please provide the macro in the button.

Jajm1213

Local time
The macro is actually run inside word after the doc is opened. I'm fairly new to access, mail merges, and VBA. I started my learning curve in December after I took on this project.

I wish I could add my ACCDB file but it is 11MB so it won't upload. Any advice on that so that viewers are able to view exactly what is going on?

Attached is a txt file of the macro that runs inside word along with a txt file with the button information from VBA. (Don't mind the last button, I was playing around with that)

Attachments

• NewMacros.txt
    693 bytes · Views: 168
  • Form_Dispute Entry.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 134

Jajm1213

Local time
Is there a way to call or pass the subform controls to word through Albert D. Kallal's super simple mail merge? :confused:

Jajm1213

Local time
Is there a way to dynamically load the subform into my main form? That way I'd be able to use the fields inside of my mail merge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom