Access 2003 Developed Application Not Running Properly on Access 2007/2010 Runtime (1 Viewer)

jasonbub

Local time
Today, 10:34
Hi,

I have a number of Access application that I've developed over the years. I have kept the majority of our user base on Windows XP and Microsoft Access 2003 Runtime. Now that we are upgrading to Windows 7, I am having trouble with individual parts of the applications.

The issue primarily presents itself where a listbox that is derived by a RowSource that is fetching data from one of our linked SQL Servers and using the Format command.

I have read that Microsoft flagged certain functions as problematic and doesn't run them. Although, I thought that if I placed the Access file in a Trusted Location, Access would run anything, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone have any ideas how I can run any code that worked fine on XP/Access 2003 on Win7/Access 2010?

Here is an example query that I believe is causing the issue (if I remove this part it works in Access 2010: Format([FieldDate],"ddd""., ""mm/dd") & " - " & Format([CF_Screenings]![FieldTime],"Medium Time") AS ScreenDate)

RowSource of ListBox
SELECT DISTINCTROW [qry_CR_ScreeningInfo].[ScreenID], [GA_StudyList_Details].[StudyNumber] & ": " & Left([StudyTitle],20) & " / " & Left([FieldTitle],20) AS Screening, [qry_CR_ScreeningInfo].[ScreenDate] AS [Screen Date] FROM qry_CR_ScreeningInfo INNER JOIN GA_StudyList_Details ON [qry_CR_ScreeningInfo].[StudyNumber]=[GA_StudyList_Details].[StudyNumber] WHERE ((([qry_CR_ScreeningInfo].[Status])="A")) ORDER BY [qry_CR_ScreeningInfo].[FieldDate], [qry_CR_ScreeningInfo].[FieldTime];

qry_CR_ScreeningInfo:
SELECT CF_Screenings.ScreenID, CF_Screenings.StudyNumber, CF_Screenings.FieldTitle, Theatres.TheatreName, CF_Screenings.FieldDate, CF_Screenings.ArriveTime, CF_Screenings.SpecialNotes, Format([FieldDate],"ddd""., ""mm/dd") & " - " & Format([CF_Screenings]![FieldTime],"Medium Time") AS ScreenDate, CF_Screenings.Status, CF_Screenings.FieldTime, CF_Screenings.PackOrdered
FROM CF_Screenings INNER JOIN Theatres ON CF_Screenings.TheatreID = Theatres.TheatreID
WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION;

In summary, I want to get around all the Microsoft security for my applications. Also, note, I tried Signing the application and that caused other issues.

Thanks in advance.
Jason

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:34
For your program in (runtime) Access 2010 to work properly you need to debug your program in Access 2010. Open the database in Acc2010, convert and compile

I have to tell that your format statement looks a little strange. Even in Accesss 2003 this would raise some questions:
Code:
Format(Date,"ddd""., ""mm/dd") & " - " & Format(now,"Medium Time")

Are you sure you want to use this as a screendate: ma., 05-27 - 05:45

I don't have any experience with signing the database. So can't help you there.

HTH:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom