Linked Table - Absent (1 Viewer)

SalisburyLad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:09
I've been struggling for a while to resolve a performance problem with an application I've been developing. Tables within the database (not linked) were taking an age to open at times. I eventually traced the problem to some linked tables whose links were broken. As soon as I refreshed the links the performance was fine. Well, I hear you saying, don't lose the links!!Some of my links connect to a wireless router which we use to synchronise several PCs collecting data. The sync database appends from each of the PCs and they in turn append data from it. When the PCs are away "working" I'm a little concerned that they may suffer (as I did on my development DB) in not being able to "see" the sync tables; even though they are not used or needed until we synchronise (manually back at base). We haven't noticed any significant performance issues but my question is.... does the DB try to access linked tables without prompting? I'm tempted to put in some code to switch the links to a dummy DB while the PC is away and restore the correct links before the synchronisation..... is this worth trying?TIA

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:09
I don't recall having experienced the behaviour you describe. However, if performance is significantly affected, I'd be checking links at start up and either restoring or giving a warning to the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom