Copy backend database to a new location (1 Viewer)

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:27
I have a split database - frontend and backend.
The backend database is located in a shared location, let's say, Folder A.
As the work expanding and the database needs to be shared with other branch, the backend database will change it's location to Folder B.

I have made a copy of the backend-A from Folder A and paste it on Folder B and renamed it to backend-B.
(The backend-A is not yet deleted, for security purpose)

I have a form, where it will show the 'task of the day' for every employee and this form will only show it's value when opened with backend.
But, the backend-B does not work the same way backend-A did. The form does not shows the task, and on the form is a date with Calendar Weeks, and it is also not showing up on the form.

1) Are both the backend database somehow still linked together? Because the form in backend-A is still working like normal.

2) I tried importing the tables in backend-A from a frontend without linking it together. Then tried to make a new split. But it won't do it. The error says "Table Dummy is currently open or being used by another user".
It's weird because I didn't import the tables by Link.
Any idea what this Table Dummy has to do with the splitting?

3) Any suggestion what other ways I can do to make a copy of the backend database?

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
My Linked Table Manager is grayed-out/deaktivated.
I don't know how to make it available.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:27
First question in my mind is whether you tried to secure the front-end copy and you are now trying to change it. By any chance did you do things to your front-end settings using the path File >> Options >> Current Database?

shafara7

Registered User.
Local time
First question in my mind is whether you tried to secure the front-end copy and you are now trying to change it. By any chance did you do things to your front-end settings using the path File >> Options >> Current Database?

Hello The Doc Man, I am not sure what you meant by "did you do things to your front-end settings using the path File >> Options >> Current Database?"

Is there anything that I should check/uncheck in the Cureent Database Option?
As far as I'm concerned, I did not change anything there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom