No Option in access (1 Viewer)

SinKoh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:24
I was contacted to work in a DB that I have worked on a lot recently. Most recent was November 2nd. For some reason now when I open the database all I can see is the main form that is set to be opened when it first loads. I have no object explorer on the left and no menu bars at the top. All I see is "File". If I click file there are no options just Print, Privacy Options, and Exit. What is going on here?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:24
Two things spring to mind:

1. The Navigation Pane has been hidden in the database options (or by using code)
Fix this by going to File...Options...Current Database then tick Display Navigation Pane

2. The database is located in a non-trusted location
Fix this by going to File...Options...Trust Center ...Trust center Settings..Trusted Locations

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:24
Maybe it is in RunTime mode because the program associated with the mdb/accdb file type has been changed to Access Runtime. Open the full version of Access then use the File > Open menu to load the database.

SinKoh

Registered User.
Local time
The thing is I have tried old backups and everything. My PC is a VM which references a .accdb that opens without a copy of access installed locally (weird I know). Is the only way to open it now through Access then File > open?

SinKoh

Registered User.
Local time
Two things spring to mind:

1. The Navigation Pane has been hidden in the database options (or by using code)
Fix this by going to File...Options...Current Database then tick Display Navigation Pane

2. The database is located in a non-trusted location
Fix this by going to File...Options...Trust Center ...Trust center Settings..Trusted Locations

I do not have an options in my DB. All I see is "File". I click it and it only displays Print, Privacy Options, and Exit.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:24
My PC is a VM which references a .accdb that opens without a copy of access installed locally (weird I know).

Maybe the VM installation has been changed and you only have the runtime version on your VM.

Have a look through Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office for MSACCESS.EXE on the VM and run it.

The path varies with different versions. You may have multiple folders like OFFICE11 or Office14.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:24
I do not have an options in my DB. All I see is "File". I click it and it only displays Print, Privacy Options, and Exit.

That's because active content has been disabled

You should also see 'Home' and if you click on that, see a yellow bar marked Security Warning. Click the Enable Content button

If you click on File ... Privacy Options, you'll see the items I described previously

SinKoh

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe the VM installation has been changed and you only have the runtime version on your VM.

Have a look through Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office for MSACCESS.EXE on the VM and run it.

The path varies with different versions. You may have multiple folders like OFFICE11 or Office14.

Come to find out the Office installation was changed on my VM on the 28th of November. I have the standard version of Office 16 and access runtime. Would it revert to Standard if a license expires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom