Data Not Visible In Only One table field (1 Viewer)

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:16
I have never run into this issue before today. Please see attached (.pdf)

I have imported data from Excel into my existing database as a new table. I take the data from the table and have to modify it somewhat to use it properly. One field is [ASI_mfg]which can have any one of (9) different mfgs in it. To make it easier to deal with, I created [MfgNmbr_ID] field and run a query to update [MfgNmbr_ID] depending on what is in the [ASI-Mfg] field. The query runs properly, however, when I re-open the table, it appears there isn't any data in the [MfgNmbr_ID] field.

The only way to "see" the data in [MfgNmbr_ID] is to manually click on the field. I decided to create a form from the same database to see if I get the same results and I do. In other words, no data shows up in the [MfgNmbr_ID] field on the form unless I click on it.

Anybody have an idea why this is happening? Thank you.

Attachments

• No-Visible_Data_Issue2.pdf
    83.8 KB · Views: 98

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:16
Try increasing the height of each row. You may find the data is preceded by an empty line

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
you can use a replace function in an update query to remove potential non printable characters.
Code:
http://www.utteraccess.com/wiki/Removing_Non-Printable_Characters_from_Data

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
I think I fixed it. Apparently my query wasn't running correct. Thx for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom