Microsoft Access ODBC AS400 Connection (1 Viewer)

hiker8117

GeneHaines
Local time
Today, 01:49
To All: I just recently installed cumulative PTFs on our AS400 to update the current operating systemn. I use IBM's Client Access to migrate from my PC over to the AS400. I use Microsoft Access on a regular basis to bring down and/or link files from the AS400. Prior to the install of the PTFs on the AS400, I could import or link any file from the AS400 into Access by the simple functtion of import, file type ODBC, clicking on the AS400 library and then highlight the file. Now, after the install of the PTFS, when I go to import into Access and list in the file type window, ODBC, nothing happens. No ODBC Sources Window opens up that would usually list the data sources. I worked with IBM to confirm the following. We pinged the AS400 and it worked find. We issued a few commands to see if all paths were active and open for data transfer to and from the AS400 and they were. We started a Cllient Access ODBC trace and then I tried to import a file into Microsoft Access. IBM looked at the Trace file and saw that there was no activity after my attempt to import a file into Access. I never touched any of the current ODBC connections. The current IBM 32bit Access Iseries driver has always worked before. It's as if Access doesn't know where to go to find the ODBC Data sources, after the AS400 PTF installs. IBM is at a loss. If anyone has ever run into this problem before and has a potential solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gene Haines

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:49
Do you have an ODBC Data Source Administrator defined on your workstation for an AS400 connection?

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:49
I always use the iSeries Access ODBC Driver to connect to the As400 where I work and have never had any problems.

hiker8117

GeneHaines
Local time
Do you have an ODBC Data Source Administrator defined on your workstation for an AS400 connection?

Thansk for your input, however I just resolved the issue. It was the installation of a new subscription of Norton that co-incidently was at the same time of upgrading the AS400. In Norton there are MISC options that were checked for scanning Microsoft documents that was preventing Access from displaying the ODBC connections. Once that item was unchecked the ODBC connections came up. Once again thanks for you in-put.

Regards

Gene Haines

hiker8117

GeneHaines
Local time
Microsoft Access ODBC AS400 connections

I always use the iSeries Access ODBC Driver to connect to the As400 where I work and have never had any problems.

Thanks for your input. I just resolved the issue. It was the installation of a new subscription of Norton that co-incidently was at the same time as the upgrade to the AS400. This was driving me nuts' In Norton there are Misc options that were checked as in "Scan Microsoft Documents" preventing Access from displaying the ODBC window. Once I unchecked this item in Norton the ODBC window opened up. Thanks for you in-put.

Regards
Gene Haines

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom