Create the exe file with command line (1 Viewer)

accessman2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:05
Hi,

I am using VB6/VB2005 (Visual Studio 2005)/VB.NET application. I want the user to input the information, and then submit it, the program will create one exe file with commands, and then attach the exe file to the email and send it to his manager. So, when the manager receive his employee mail, he can open and automatically go to the specific record through the exe file with the command values from the email.

Can we write the codes which allow the program to create exe file with commands and then send it out thur email?
(I know MS Access can do that, but, we want to use VB application Tools)

Last edited:

epicmove

Ben
Local time
Today, 09:05
Hi there. Cant really help you with compiling an .exe through a command line (although I believe it is possible). Something you may want to consider is that many mail clients particularly Outlook will block .exe attachments even on internal mail. If the mail is being sent externally it will most likely be blocked by a mailsweeper service.
I would suggest that if all of the clients have the application installed in the same location i.e. "c:\program files\yourapplication\run.exe" you allow your app to receive a parameter when opening, e.g. the id of your record. You could then (in theory) send the user a shortcut as an attachment or even just a hyperlink to the file.

Hope this helps. I normally deal with web applications so its quite easy to send someone a querystring.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom