Access 2003, vb6 issue with memo field (1 Viewer)

Salient

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:12
Have a project that basically uses some SQL to extract data from an Access 2003 db file and then present it in a vb6 from. Everything works fine except for a memo field which refuses to show anything?

Anyone know of any gotchas with access memo fields? Am trying to load the memo data into a multi-line textbox, maybe another control?

Help, before I tear all my hair out :rolleyes:

Surjer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:12
Have you stepped through your code while its running? I am assuming you are populating your controls from the text returned from the SQL statement. You are probably storing that in a variable? Walk through your code line for line and see if anything jumps out unexpected. (I do this all the time and realize I missed something obvious)

I pull data from a memo field all the time and it goes withought a hitch. Are you using ADO? RDO? Which connection types etc??

Salient

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:12
Surjer thanks for the reply.

Am using an ADO connection to a defined Windows DNS source.

Have checked the source a number of times and simply cannot see anything wrong with it. Stepping through I'm not getting any errors, the data simply doesn't want to show. Guess I should Msgbox some of the variables as well.

Code:
txtCatName.Text = "" & pobjADOtable.Fields("CategoryName")
txtCatDescription.Text = "" & pobjADOtable.Fields("Description")

Yes I also think the code could be more precise, but that's the standard here.

Oh crap forget this one, the memo column doesn't have any data in it to begin with. *Bangs head on desk*.

Last edited:

Surjer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:12
See! Sometimes we just have to take a step back and get out of Ohh S*** mode and look at the problems from a broader view!

Glad you got it sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom