Introduction Gary (1 Viewer)

gakiss2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:06
Hello Access World
I am a Quality Engineer at Link Belt, we make Cranes. I am a self taught MS Access and we use some of my work in our department. Not sure self is the best teacher because I often struggle and get stuck but "What don't kill you makes you stronger" so it seems as I come out on the other end of the struggles it gets just a little easier to tackle the next challenge. Yes this is me:banghead:. I am hoping this community can get me past a few of the roadblocks so I can continue my learning. With any luck I will be AccessWorld taught in addition to the amateur instructor I have had up until now (self).

I think I know the basics pretty well. Although I sometimes struggle with the best way to do something based on fundamentals. I have done a bit of vba but nothing too complicated. I am actually decent at the logics part of programming, Its the minutia of coding details that usually hangs me up. I have done a bit with events and user interface but still pretty green. One area I am totally lacking is security. The only trick I know is to turn off navigation.

Other important info to know when trying to help me (appreciated). I often build off of other databases that I don't have control of. I can link to tables in Excel then import them to Access. I just mention this because it might seem odd to someone offering advice why I have zero control over the data coming in. The IT gods at Link Belt are far too busy taking care of many mission critical projects that my lowly concerns are seldom found in their eye line.

gakiss2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:06
It may take me a while to digest all of that but Thank You very much. I will take a look and see what of it I can understand and let you know if I have questions.

Again, Thank You

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:06
You're welcome.
There is a lot there. Just focus on what interests you and come back if you have any questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom