Formatting Bookmarks in VBA merge (1 Viewer)

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:08
I have successfully created automated access - word merges for One to many documents with many bookmarks. I now want to format the contents of a number of bookmarks. at the bookmark in the document

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:08
I've noticed that your post has yet to receive a reply. I'm posting this message to bump it up the list so that it gets a second view. I would also suggest that in reading your post, I'm not quite 100% sure what you want. It might be an idea to provide a bit more information.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:08
A bookmark in a Word document marks a position in the document. A bookmark has no "contents". It is used to position the cursor.

You need to know the number of characters/words/sentences/paras before or after the bookmark to determine the range of text which is to be formatted.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:08
Have you considered using generating your Word document(s) using a proper mail-merge? It is straight forward to setup with lots of examples on the web and the biggest advantage is that you can format the mail-merge fields in the template and they maintain it no matter what you fill them with.

Cheers,
Vlad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom