Frustration of No Feedbacks (1 Viewer)

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 07:11
That would involve hacking the forum's software and then, because vBulletin issue regular updates, you have to install the hack again after the update.

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:11
Bat17 said:
but maybe an option to only search for solved soulution would make the search more productive

Peter

I agree with peter

greaseman

Closer to seniority!
Local time
Today, 01:11
Quite a few comments!!!! Cool! Anyway, my suggestion is only meant as something voluntary.... we should all police our own threads, marking them as "[RESOLVED]" whether something is a workaround or a hard and fast concrete answer that fixes an issue. (Where would we be without those workarounds ??). And.... regardless of where the threads finally get placed, just re-editing the original post of a thread would really help others to know that something was fixed and that the reply or replies fixed someone's problem or question.

I just think it should be used as a suggestion..... after a while, users will start using it, and policing will take care of the rest who don't mark fixed threads as "[RESOLVED]"

Have a great day:)

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 07:11
I'd go with greaseman - some kind of suggestion is as far as I would go (don't like rules!). There'd always be people who would forget ignore.

best practice suggestion something along the lines...

If you raise a thread that is subsequently resolved please could members make a final posting - to the effect that the problem has been resolved and a brief description of the solution... (no essay required). This greatly increases the value of old threads using the search facility.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom