Macro to open query based userforum at specific record? (1 Viewer)

The robyn

Local time
Today, 06:14
Ok so...i have a form which is based on a query. I would like a command button on my switchboard form which on click opens the form to display a specific record.

I have been able to do this in 03-07 and i think it was by way of prompting user to enter a parameter value [ ]. If no value was entered then the form opened to display all records.

Now using access 2010 and ive tried everything but i still be like :banghead:!!! Im sure its so simple but this new version of access is taking some getting used to!

Any ideas?

Ps i am not familiar with vb but with clear instructions i would be happy to take a pop at it :)

The robyn

Local time
Today, 06:14
Im a real lay person but yes that sounds about right. My switchboard is basically a standard form that i will populate with command buttons for easy end user navigation.

The query i have retrieves all staff info but does not include those who have left - criteria being leaver date is null.

I have a tabbed form that displays all manner of staff details - one record per employee so i dont think its a continous form?

To keep it simple for the admin using the database i previously had a button on the main switchboard that said "view employee". On click a pop up box prompted for parameter value...a surname was entered and the form opened to display the record relating to the surname.

I have a 4 year absence of use from access so im trying to remember everything but the layout is very different so forgive me if i sound a bit daft!

Would a combo box/list on the switchboard be more suited? They could then select the surname from the list to open the form related to the record selected?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:14
Sure, that method could be used with a combo or listbox (as long as the listbox was single select; more code would be required for multiselect).

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:14
No problem, post back if you get stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom