PBaldy and his growing family tree (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:27
PBaldy (Paul), from a technical thread:

By the way, just passed you in the grandkid department.

Congrats! How are the mom and dad and the little one doing?

Richard

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:27
Thanks to you both! Mom, dad, and the new baby are doing great. However, the toddler brother is not so sure about this new addition. ;)

Will be flying back east to help them move in a month or so. All my vacations seem to revolve around kids and grandkids now, but that's okay. :D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, yes... the beginnings of sibling rivalry. My older grandson wasn't sure about his coming little brother but they got past it. And the third grand is through my stepdaughter whereas the first two are from the stepson.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:27
Grandkids are great as long as you can hand them back to their parents when you have had enough.;)

I have four. Ages from 13 down to 2. I am lucky that all my kids live within half an hour's drive of my home.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yep. The newest grand for us is in Florida but the two from my stepson are just one ZIP code away in suburban New Orleans. We still go pick up the #2 guy after school when needed, since both parents work.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm jealous of you both. I've got one pair of grandkids across the US 3000 miles away, the other pair on the other side of the planet (NZ).

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:27
Congratulations !

I only have a step daughter, and until she has done something with her Law Degree , I'm hoping that the grand kids stage is still some way off :)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Minty! Yes, we the grandparents do have to wait until they the parents are ready to have kids.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Congrats from me as well.
My first grandchild was born on Xmas day last year and two weeks early.
Best present I've had for several years...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 00:27
Congrats Paul and to everyone else who posted. My oldest is due in August (having a girl) and this will be my first. Glad to be joining the ranks, but bummed that the wife wants to leave Europe and head back home so we can be closer to the brat.

Oh well, dream had to end one day...

Again, congrats Paul!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 00:27
I'm jealous of you both. I've got one pair of grandkids across the US 3000 miles away, the other pair on the other side of the planet (NZ).

I have 5 I haven't even met yet, and two great grandkids, they live so far away. I told my wife that the one I have seen, look just like me. She said that's a terrible thing to say.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
No offence to anyone who has contributed (and this includes me!) but we all seem to be confirming a prejudicial post about the age of Access users written a few months ago by the self described access hater NFK :D

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Colin/Gent/Dick!

Congrats Gent! You're going to love it. You want to do a home exchange? :p I'm already far from my kids, and I'd love to live it Italy for a while.

Catalina

Registered User.
Local time
You all have some catching up to do. A month ago we welcomed #11.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Ha! Now you're just showing off!!!! :D
I'll tell my children to get a move on ....

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We're going to have to team up. My daughters each say they're stopping at 2.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Good grief! Catalina, I don't know whether to congratulate you for having such a prolific family or commiserate with you for the chaos at family gatherings.

When I was a kid, families were less likely to spread out. My maternal grandparents had nine kids who lived to adulthood and they had one to three each, and by the time I was old enough to care, some of that next generation had one to four each. Some of our family reunions had 70 people in attendance from four generations,and that was 50 years ago. The youngest members in that long-ago bunch by now have become grandparents themselves. In another thread I mentioned being on Ancestry.COM and searching for family trees. It is becoming a monumental work.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I have only one grandson (2 1/2). But understand the large family aspect. One of my uncles on my father's side had 12 children (only three of us kids) and another uncle had three children. Meeting at the grandparents house for Thanksgiving or Christmas was quite interesting.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:27
Good grief! Catalina, I don't know whether to congratulate you for having such a prolific family or commiserate with you for the chaos at family gatherings.

My wife's ancestors include convicts deported to Australia in 1799. The woman was 17 when she was sent here and her husband 18. They had ten children, and the following two generations in my wife's line also had ten each.

By the time the matriarch died she had over 500 living descendants. Imagine their family gatherings.:eek:

I expect my wife is related to a fairly large proportion of Australians.

BTW. The stories at school when we were kids told of people being sent to Australia for "stealing a loaf of bread". That is exactly what she did. Plus a tea service, a tablecloth and piece of meat etc. It appears she walked off with a who table setting bundled up in the tablecloth.

Originally sentenced to hang, the sentence was commuted to being "transported".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom