Need a database with specific lookup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MikeChemist

Can anyone please help me get started?

I need a database that works like this:

I need to create an inventory form that has two fields:

SUPPLIER - I want to choose from a list in a drop-down box.
PART DESCRIPTION - I want to choose from a list in a drop-down box. The list that is available must relate (ONLY) to the selected Supplier's Part Descriptions.

I'd be very grateful if someone with expertise could produce an Access2000 database for me?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 02:15
MikeChemist said:
I need a database that works like this:

I need to create an inventory form that has two fields:

I'd be very grateful if someone with expertise could produce an Access2000 database for me?
Firstly, you need to really think about what you want. In an inventory, are you are talking about stock numbers, numbers sold? items, descriptions, groups of items, suppliers names and details, what items come from what supplier, price, any added tax etc.

If you really do want just 2 fields then cascading ComboBoxes will suffice - a search will explain how you do it.

Secondly, most people who post regularly here are working full time, and respond to questions voluntarily. You'll be hard pressed to find someone to do the work for you - in the past, people taking degrees have asked the forum members to write their degree database for them. . . . . :rolleyes:

Col

M

MikeChemist

Hi Colin, Thanks for the tip to search for 'Cascading Comboboxes'. While I'll develop the database myself to do many other things, it was the first part that I couldn't work out, i.e. how to get a field in a form to look up a selection of items that derive only from the supplier chosen in the first field. I thought that someone may already have a mini sample database that did just that.
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom