good alternatives to Access (1 Viewer)

DriveSoft

Local time
Yesterday, 16:15
Check it out my software. (I'am author)
myvisualdatabase.com

Like MS Access and may be easier. The tool have active forum, where I helps to users, it can use SQLite and MySQL database.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15
Thanks, but those solutions look a bit pricey and it's not my company, so I'm not about to pay the cash myself and I doubt I could convince my boss to buy software for just one employee's convenience.

team viewer is free as are many others.

jonobugs

Registered User.
Local time
team viewer is free as are many others.

Oh! When I went to their site, it looked like there was a heavy licensing fee. Of course, it was all in Japanese, so it was a bit difficult for me to read the finer points.

I'll take a look into it then, but I think I will probably go with splitting the database properly as I haven't given that a go yet and it seems to be the path of least work for me.

jonobugs

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, so I downloaded and installed jump desktop for my PC and I bought the app for my iPhone. It seems to work but I've run into a small problem.

I can't seem to turn my computer on remotely. I found an app that kind of works. Kind of meaning that it works when I'm on the local network but not if I'm not.

I'm assuming I need to enter in my IP address of my modem but I'm having problems. When I use ipconfig /all I get 192.168.1.1 but of course that's just the ip of my router.

When I use a "find my ip" service it comes up with a number that looks promising but when I type the number in, it logs me into my router program.

When I try to use the IP address outside of my network. Nothing happens.

I'm not very good at this sort of stuff so I'd appreciate any insights!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:15
I leave my computer on and logged in - in 'listening' mode for an incoming remote session. Sleep mode doesn't work for me and I've never tried logged out. Don't think you can rely on 'wake on activity' or whatever it is called to turn the computer on when port activity is detected, but you might want to check your settings

It's a while since I set mine up and I've never had to change anything so forgotten how it all actually works! I would google your question and find the FAQ's for Jump

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:15
I looked into remote PC control a few years ago and decided the sensible/reliable way to go about it would be to have a separate device possibly a Raspberry Pi which you could access over the Internet and then this would directly switch the PC on or off. It always seemed more trouble than it was worth to create something like this, however the way things are going with micro PCs I'm sure someone will come up with something cheap and easy to setup in the very near future.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom