MS Access blank form (1 Viewer)

dmarquero

Local time
Today, 22:55
[SOLVED]

Hi All

We encountered a problem regarding our published access application. The create form is blank and the update form is not but we are encountering an error if we click the update button.

I have attached the images of the forms.

This happened after a windows update so we are thinking that this error is related to that update.

All of your suggestions will be appreciated :) Thank you!

Attachments

• create.png
    create.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 79
  • update.jpg
    update.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:55
There is insufficient data from your problem description to understand fully what you are trying to describe. Are you saying that after a Windows Update, a previously working form is suddenly blank?

If there is an unusual reference in the form, it is theoretically possible to have the reference disallowed for security reasons. However, my first guess would be that the update replaced a .DLL file that is in your References list for that database. Changing the file, even to one with the same name, can SOMETIMES cause problems - though it is more likely that the problem is permissions or trust settings.

dmarquero

Local time
Hi The_Doc_Man. yes you are correct, As far as i know, we experienced a malware attack and because of that we need to have a windows update. According to the user of the application this error happened after the update.

Is there anything else that you need for this issue?

Thank you!!

dmarquero

Local time
There is insufficient data from your problem description to understand fully what you are trying to describe. Are you saying that after a Windows Update, a previously working form is suddenly blank?

If there is an unusual reference in the form, it is theoretically possible to have the reference disallowed for security reasons. However, my first guess would be that the update replaced a .DLL file that is in your References list for that database. Changing the file, even to one with the same name, can SOMETIMES cause problems - though it is more likely that the problem is permissions or trust settings.

Hi, This is the missing reference according to access. msado15 exists in my computer but when i try to run the code it says "can't find project or library"

Thank you!

Attachments

• ref.PNG
    ref.PNG
    43.8 KB · Views: 50

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:55
Concerning the first problem, Controls don't appear in Form View when three conditions exist at the same time:

• The Form is Bound to a Table or Query
  • There are No Records in the underlying Recordset or the Recordset cannot be accessed
  • The Form cannot have New Records added
The reasons that a Bound Form cannot have New Records added include:

1. AllowAdditions for the Form is set to No
  2. The underlying Query the Form is based on is Read Only
  3. User doesn't have Read and/or Write Permission for the Folder where the Data resides or there is a connection problem with the network.
  4. Folder the File resides in (in versions 2007/2010/2013/2016 ) not having been declared as 'Trusted'
  5. Form's Recordset Type is set to Snapshot
Also, in the case of a Subform, no New Records can be added if the Main Form has its AllowEdits Property set to No or if the Subform Control that the Form resides on is Locked.
Linq ;0)>

dmarquero

Local time
Thank you! this issue has been solved they tried the trusted location solution last week and it did not work but when they came to work yesterday it suddenly worked. Maybe the restarting of their PC did the trick. Thank you!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:55
Good call, linq. I had never seen that happen before. Learned something!

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:55
I had never seen that happen before. Learned something!

Always a good thing! The telling thing, of course, is that not even the Controls themselves appear. Some would call it a 'bug,' but in this case, a good bug!

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom