Post Journal entry to Quickbooks using Quickbooks SDK and Ms Access vba (1 Viewer)

Hishow

Local time
Yesterday, 16:51
Dear Experts,

I'm currently working on a project that requires integration into Quickbooks Accounting software.
I don't want to use QODBC or any third-party software to do this integration.

I ONLY need to post Journal entries into Quickbooks Accounting from my MS Access application.

Please, I need someone to guide me on vba codes I can use to post the journals.

Thank you in advance.

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:51
As far as I know, QDBC is the only way to do this. It's not particularly difficult: register the driver and run the code, really. Hardest part of that is having the correct license for the driver.

Their cloud versions may have some sort of Web API you could use to do this, but I'm not sure offhand (and don't think that's what you're asking about anyway).

There's two other things that come to mind:

1) Some sort of screen/macro record that can click the buttons and enter the text for you (something like Macro Scheduler), or
2) Writing some Win32 API code within Access to do the same thing as #1 for you.

Neither option are worth it, IMO: I'd just go with the preferred route of using QDBC.

Hishow

Local time
I partially agree with you. I know QODBC is good, yet it has its weakness. I have been using a registered version of QODBC US edition for more than a year now. My personal observation is that, it's too slow integrate data particularly when you use "For Loop, Next" to integrate many rows.

I know Quickbooks SDK can do something better, except that I don't know how to use it well. Please someone should come up with code for sending journals from Ms Access to Quickbooks Accounting, that can work with Quickbooks SDK.

Thank you in advance

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
I took a quick look at the SDK and it seems it's only supported for .NET, Java and PHP.

If you want, you can write a .NET app and compile a COM library from it that you can consume within VBA, but that would be the only route to utilize it. That said, if you're somewhat familiar with .NET, it wouldn't be a terribly onerous job.

The resultant dependencies for the Access app would be:

1. the .NET dll and tlb files in the application folder
2. having .NET installed on the client machine (usually not an issue)
3. either registering the tlb via regasm or by using Wayne Philipps' DotNetLoader to hotload it at runtime (regasm would need to be done at install to register the tlb file, Wayne's tool is a drop-in module to the Access project)

Because the interface required by VBA is likely to be fairly simple (you only need to do one thing essentially, so one call to the COM object with whatever parameters), it should be a pretty lightweight project as far as NETCOM interops go.

Hishow

Local time
Dear Experts,
I'm sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. I've been out of town. Sincerely, all these you said, I don't have the depth knowledge of it.

From the SDK, I know Intuit supports VB6. And VB6 is close to vba in many areas.
If you can help me out using VB6, of course, I believe it would work for vba.

Alternatively, if you can me with the dll using .Net as you explained, I would not mind please. Or if you know anyone I can pay token to do this for me, it's my pleasure.
Like I said, my interest is just raising single or multiple Journal Entries.

Thank you

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
I took a look for VB6 SDK support/examples for Intuit and was not able to find anything helpful (or even confirmation that it's supported).

Regarding walking through the .NET COM approach, it's a bit involved to walk through via forum. All of my references on the subject are currently not publicly available (they used to be, but it got broken when we updated websites a while back and I haven't gotten around to fixing everything up again).

I know of a few companies that could do this for you - in full disclosure, one of them is mine. You're welcome to contact me via email/PM if you'd like to further discuss those options (and there may be a few other people in the forum here willing to do that as well).

If you can find some reference for the VB6 SDK, feel free to post here. As you mention, that shouldn't be too far off from VBA.

Cheers,

Hishow

Local time
Thank you so much for your response.

Below I have attached sample code from Intuit Developer as related to journal entries. But I never know how to use it. Please check if it is something you could work on. Like I said, my interest is to be able to send journal entries to Quickbooks Accounting from my MS Access application.

Thank you

Attachments

• QBXML_SDK13_Samples JournalEntryAddRq.xml.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 159

FrankRuperto

Local time
Thank you so much for your response.

Below I have attached sample code from Intuit Developer as related to journal entries. But I never know how to use it. Please check if it is something you could work on. Like I said, my interest is to be able to send journal entries to Quickbooks Accounting from my MS Access application.

Thank you
We have exported data from Access to QB for generating invoices, and recently setup a dotnet interop between Access and QBO.

QBO0.PNG

NOTE: It's not mandatory to register the assembly, as it will stil work. It's actually better to not register it because it makes it easier to deploy the solution on any PC.

QBO1.PNG

They provide a sandbox with sample companies for testing purposes: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/develop/sandboxes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom