Change of User Name (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:32
Hi

Just to inform everyone that I've just changed my user name from ridders to isladogs.
This is mainly to make it consistent with another site for a number of reasons.

Hope it doesn't cause too much confusion! :D

Cheers

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 09:32
I am likely going to spend the next year wondering WTF that is every time I see you post. :p

Even if you DID leave ridders in your sig.

Also, for the one or two who might be curious about it, don't go looking for me anywhere else under Frothingslosh. I only use it here and on a PBM game site. It came from there, and is only used here because the handle I've used since my BBS days in the late 80's was already taken.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I like to make life interesting ....
Anyway I'll keep the photo the same! :D

So what name shall we look out for you elsewhere?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:32
FWIW, I try to use The_Doc_Man everywhere I can. But there ARE some exceptions. And when I was with the Navy as a contractor, I had to use my actual name. BUT it turned out that a three-star admiral in Norfolk had the same first name, last name, and middle initial. So not only was I not allowed to use my favorite moniker, but for my spelled-out name, I was Richard...3 - and I later found out that #2 was civil servant in Jacksonville working out of Naval Air Logistics Office.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Even though Scott was the most popular name for boys the year I was born, I've never actually run into someone with the same first and last name and middle initial. There was a guy in my dorm with the same first and last name and a different middle initial, though, and we were ALWAYS getting each others' mail.

And of course, if you look up my name on Google, the vast majority of what you'll find are articles and pages about some professional rugby player.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Colin,
Noted.

Via Google
Isla Dogs are a four-piece rock band from Hawick playing in and around the Scottish Borders.
??

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Jack
Well i've learned something new today!

There is a place in London called the Isle of Dogs
When we named our dog Isla, lots of people wrongly assumed she was named after the place name
Actually after a bottle of red wine - Isla Negra!

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Actually after a bottle of red wine - Isla Negra!
My yellow lab Malibu was named after a Rum - by my 15 y/o daughter :eek:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
When I was in third grade, we picked up a stray cat my aunt had found. My 4 y/o sister was terrified my dad wouldn't let us keep the cat, so she named her Bun Bar, after my dad's favorite candy bar. (She only ever answered to Bunny, though.)

Gotta love that child logic.

The year before, when we got my cat, she named him, too: Captain Kangaroo. Again, we only ever actually called him Captain.

My current three were inherited from my parents, so they all have Hawaiian names: Ka'anapali (Pali), Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (Izzy), and Mia (I have no idea what that one is short for - most likely another beach).

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Oh what have I started....
My first cat was called Dragon. Kept getting lost. Embarrassing having to call out his name as I searched for him.
Mind you my second cat was called Nipple...
My girlfriend at that time had a lot to answer for....

That relationship long since ended but perhaps things haven't really improved since then - current cat called Biffa

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Our current cat --adopted from our daughter-- is named Mango. We have had Duke, Gary, Ozzie and Red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom