Jan Feb Mar Apr
Customer 100 150 225 425

Help!!

Malcy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:06
Hi
Why not try building a query to bring together your cumulative totals and then build the cross-tab query off that.
There may be neater ways of doing it (indeed there probably are) but this would be fairly simple to set up and would achieve what you want from what I can see.
Hope this helps

Malcy

P

PHILIP SIVYER

I must learn to get my facts right!

Malcy said:
Hi
Why not try building a query to bring together your cumulative totals and then build the cross-tab query off that.
There may be neater ways of doing it (indeed there probably are) but this would be fairly simple to set up and would achieve what you want from what I can see.
Hope this helps

Malcy

Malcy

Thanks for the reply - one small omission I forgot to mention is that when grouping/cumulating values on the months - Jan - Feb - March etc - how do you sum data in those months when the the date field is not by month it's by day. Hope this makes sense.

Phil

Malcy

Registered User.
Local time
Phil
Grouping dates is one of the easier things. You can either build a calendar table with a date field and a month field or perhaps better use criteria in your query - thus
For January 2004 you would put this in the criteria line on the query
Between #01/01/2004# and #31/01/2004#
For cumulative Jan and Feb colum you would put
Between #01/01/2004# and #29/02/2004#
Etc.
Remember to put the hash signs on either side of the date to let Access know it is a date.
Does that help?
Best wishes

Malcy

P

PHILIP SIVYER

Thanks!!

Malcy said:
Phil
Grouping dates is one of the easier things. You can either build a calendar table with a date field and a month field or perhaps better use criteria in your query - thus
For January 2004 you would put this in the criteria line on the query
Between #01/01/2004# and #31/01/2004#
For cumulative Jan and Feb colum you would put
Between #01/01/2004# and #29/02/2004#
Etc.
Remember to put the hash signs on either side of the date to let Access know it is a date.
Does that help?
Best wishes

Malcy

Malcy

Just the job - thanks for your help

Phil

Malcy

Registered User.
Local time
Phil
I am delighted to have been able to help.
I have received enormous help from this forum and it is good to finally feel in a bit of a position to repay!
Good luck

Malcy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom