Displaying a Form on a webpage (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 23:37
Folks,

I have been following the instructions on this site for how to upload and display a db table on an ASP page: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dynamicweb.htm

I have followed these instructions to the letter, and I am getting this error on the page:

Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I have attached a picture of the ODBC connection dialog box in the control panel that may help me get some assistance with this. if someone knows what i am missing, i would appreciate some help. thanks!

Attachments

• odbc dsn.jpg
    odbc dsn.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 260

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
Adam

Which version of ASP are you using Classic or .Net

Simon

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 23:37
simon,

i have found another way to do this, but i would still like to be able to upload a database and it's forms, and have people run it this way. this 500 error problem has been solved already, but if you know of a way i can get a db uploaded to a webserver so i can maneuver just like in access, with code and everything, i would appreciate it...

i am using an ASP vbscript page from dreamweaver., but there is also the option to use an ASP.net vb page. i have no idea what the difference is, as there is no basic written on the page's code anyway....

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
One way, without changing any code, although this s bit of a sledgehammer, is a Terminal Server. This only really works if the business is committed to remote user and prepared to invest in the technology.

Unfortunately, MS does not provide a path to ASP at the moment I know of but there are other products around along with Office 2010. Having written ASP virtually from scratch, I have not tried any alternatives.

Personally, I not too impressed with Forms in Html, as you have to post the Form to validate the entries whereas Access allows you to validate every single entry.

Another alternative is cloud computing, depositing your application on a web server.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom