customize ColumnHistory?? (1 Viewer)

gakiss2

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:37
I am familiar with ColumnHistory and have used it successfully. I really like it, especially the time date stamp that goes along with it.

Is there any way to add information to that time date stamp. I already have a table which holds a text value representing the Current User. In fact I called the field CurrentUser and it lives in a table called tblCurrentUser. I would like to add that value to the ColumnHistory output so I can see who made the entry as well as when.

Somewhat on the same topic, I wouldn't mind changing the format for the time date stamp. I don't exactly need the time included.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:37
I don't think can modify the date/time stamp. Would have to save the user ID with the memo input. Can use code to concatenate the User value with the text input.

As far as displaying modified ColumnHistory info, use a custom function to return a string. Use string manipulation functions to extract and format as you want.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 03:37
From your description, just record the current user and date. Ignore the ColumnHistory for your purposes.

gakiss2

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:37
So basically just use code to recreate the work that ColumnHistory does so I can have it to exactly what I want. It is as I imagined. Thanks to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom