unbound forms and text box (1 Viewer)

jeannier1975

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:57
i have an unbound form that I need to get the results from serveral queries into the unbound text boxes I thought of using Dllokup but don't know how to do it.

Attachments

• form 1.jpg
    form 1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 41

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:57
Why on earth are you using unbound forms / textboxes.
It means you have to code everything for yourself
Using bound forms/textboxes, Access will do all the hard work for you reducing development time to perhaps 5% of what its going to take with your current design

jeannier1975

Registered User.
Local time
i user the unbound form because the values needed are from several different queries not a table

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Suggest you instead use a number of bound subforms instead.
e.g. main form with two subforms for each of the metrics

It is possible to create a form using more than one table or query linked together. As long as the query/queries aren't read only it will do the job perfectly

jeannier1975

Registered User.
Local time
can you show me how you can do that im new to this access world

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You'll need to do some research (google?) whatever you didn't understand e.g. subforms

Also you might find it very useful to look at the free Access videos by Steve Bishop on You Tube. Its a complete course of over 100 videos from beginner level to advanced

jeannier1975

Registered User.
Local time
how can i display the subforms in the layout i need with no lines and no record selector or navigation so the user can not tell its a subform

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
how can i display the subforms in the layout i need with no lines and no record selector or navigation so the user can not tell its a subform

1. To remove the subform border, open the main form in design view & click on the subform control (its outer border) to select it. Now go to the property sheet and change border style to Transparent.
2. Next open the subform itself in design view and set both Record Selectors & Navigation Buttons to No

If necessary, change any other properties in the same place

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom