Employee Attendance Database (1 Viewer)

pearls9

Local time
Today, 07:47
HELP! I am very impressed with the database written by Oxicottin (with the help of others) for tracking Employee Attendance (attached.) I posted the following message yesterday...but I think I posted it in the wrong place.

Here is the message:

I am an HR Manager for a manufacturing company in ffice Kentucky and am currently tracking employee attendance manually in three different programs. We use a program with a scanner to record employee's time worked and where I input vacation days and other time-off manually. Then I put that same information into an Excel workbook (each employee has their own worksheet) that tracks vacation time available and used and occurrences they have received for unauthorized time off. And then I key total hours from the scanner program into a payroll system to generate the employee’s paychecks.

I am very, VERY impressed with the Employee Attendance database written by Oxicottin (with the help of others from this forum) and would love to use it for my company. I am in the process of learning Access (self-taught) but am not far enough along to reconstruct some of the particulars that would need to be changed to fit the specifics of my attendance policy. (I just can’t seem to find the time…maybe it’s because I have three programs to maintain!!!) I recently found that I have the capability to download information from the scanner program to an Excel spreadsheet. I have been able to import that information into the payroll software which saves one step....now I believe that with some minor changes to this Employee Attendance Database, I would be able import the same information to track the vacation/occurrence portions. You cannot even imagine how much time this would save me!!

This is what I need help with:

Attachments

• Employee Attendance v1.5.zip
    447.2 KB · Views: 12,533

pearls9

Local time
Ok...so I am not doing very well with the posting on this forum! Here is the things I need help with:

1) Calculating accrued vacation (I believe that the available vacation in this database is keyed in manually.) Our vacation is based on hire date and can be carried over from year to year. Vacation time is earned: 6 months to 1 year – 5 days, 1 year to 10 years – 10 days, over 10 years - 15 days. (Managers get 15 days automatically on date of hire.) Vacation can be taken by full or ½ days. (I would like to take the scanner programs download (excel) of the days taken from and just import that data into the database on a weekly basis for the current vacation available.)
2) Calculating occurrences. Each employee begins with a “bank” of six points. If they miss for an unexcused reason (full or ½ day) they receive either a ½ or full occurrence which deducts either ½ or full point from their bank. They must then go 30 days without getting an occurrence to earn ½ point back. So if an employee has one full occurrence, it would take them 60 days without an occurrence to earn that full point back. I am able to code the occurrences in the scanner program and download, but if I could get the database to do the calculation for earning the points back for a current running total– that would be AWESOME!
3) I will not use the “Personal,” “Excused” or the “6 month attendance” portions of the database so those things can be eliminated.

I hope my requests are not too cumbersome! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

pearls9

Local time
Similar databases

Attachments

• vtrak97.zip
    429.6 KB · Views: 6,912
  • VacationUsed2k.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 4,619

Ramesh_vm

Local time
HELP! I am very impressed with the database written by Oxicottin (with the help of others) for tracking Employee Attendance (attached.) I posted the following message yesterday...but I think I posted it in the wrong place.

Here is the message:

I am an HR Manager for a manufacturing company in ffice Kentucky and am currently tracking employee attendance manually in three different programs. We use a program with a scanner to record employee's time worked and where I input vacation days and other time-off manually. Then I put that same information into an Excel workbook (each employee has their own worksheet) that tracks vacation time available and used and occurrences they have received for unauthorized time off. And then I key total hours from the scanner program into a payroll system to generate the employee’s paychecks.

I am very, VERY impressed with the Employee Attendance database written by Oxicottin (with the help of others from this forum) and would love to use it for my company. I am in the process of learning Access (self-taught) but am not far enough along to reconstruct some of the particulars that would need to be changed to fit the specifics of my attendance policy. (I just can’t seem to find the time…maybe it’s because I have three programs to maintain!!!) I recently found that I have the capability to download information from the scanner program to an Excel spreadsheet. I have been able to import that information into the payroll software which saves one step....now I believe that with some minor changes to this Employee Attendance Database, I would be able import the same information to track the vacation/occurrence portions. You cannot even imagine how much time this would save me!!

This is what I need help with:

Hi There ...
I am not able to add the Team Name in Department TAB and Name in Employee... So can u pls help me how to do that... I ll be thankful..:)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 10:47
HELP! I am very impressed with the database written by Oxicottin (with the help of others)
The "others" is me, I wrote the majority of the code for him, but the ideas are his. So if you want to use that solution I can answer any question and you can PM me directly. I have not seen him on the net recently but you can try to get on Tek-tips and PM him. That is also the last version I had, but I will check. It seems to be pretty popular I have seen several people use it.

It was not meant as a universal solution, but tailored to his specific needs. So there may be things hard-wired in there that would need editing.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 10:47
Sorry my mistake. I saw 1.5 and read V5. I will post v5. Not sure if you can get it from the original thread on Tek-Tips where Oxi and I built this. The link is there. The thread is extremely long but has extensive details on how it works.

https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1723375

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom