Automatically creating new form after data entry? (1 Viewer)

stell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:15
Hello, all.

I have a problem that's been driving me crazy all week. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

So I made a form to enter data into a table. The form only consists of 2 fields. This form is being used by employees using a scanner. What I want to happen is right when they scan in the information into the second field, a new form to automatically show up.

I'm trying to avoid having the employee have to put down the scanner and manually create a new form every time. I want them to be able to scan in data at a fast pace.

I tried the "gotorecord" macro but it gave me an error saying 'you may be at the last record' or something like that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:15
have you considered using a continuous form? sometimes called a multiple item form

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:15
I'm trying to avoid having the employee have to put down the scanner and manually create a new form every time.

Instead of scanning the barcode directly into a text box attached to a field in the underlying table, scan into an unbound text box. When you make a scan the barcode scanner is set up to key in the data from the barcode and then mimic pressing the enter key. The "Enter Key Press simulation" triggers the after update event of the unbound text box. Write code in the after update event which takes the information from the unbound textbox, places it into the relevant bound textbox, clears the unbound textbox ready for the next entry. I've found this arrangement enables quite a high speed of data entry, and completely under your control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom