Simple Question about Sharepoint Sync (e.g. Append, Delete) (1 Viewer)

Heatshiver

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:39
I plan to use Sharepoint, but I am unsure as to how appending will work in certain situations.

Example: I have two identical databases sent out to two users. They both fill out different information into the same tables. The two users then sync the data to Sharepoint. If it helps, each user has a unique user ID that helps keep their data separate.

Confusion: I am unsure what would happen from the example above. Does (1) Sharepoint try to always add new data, or does (2) it try to reflect the data of the last synced database.

If they both synchronized their data, would (1) Sharepoint just append the tables and both the user's information would be available? Or does (2) Sharepoint attempt to make the data identical and append the first user's data; then when the second user syncs, Sharepoint deletes the first user's data and appends the second user's data instead?

Hopes: I am hoping for the former situation, where everything is appended. But then it would raise the question as to how to go about deleting records from Sharepoint if ever needed?

Thank you for any responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom