Storage Policy Blocks this type of file error (1 Viewer)

coatse

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:45
Hi All,

I am currently gettings a error message when i'm trying to save a file to a share drive. the error message is

"The requested file operation failed because the storage policy blocks that type of file. For more information contact your system administrator"

Help is greatly appreciated.

Coatse

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:45
bit more information would be helpful - what is the file type? and can you confirm you have added the identifier (e.x. .csv, .xlsx) have you spoken to your system administrator?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:45
CJ is on the right track, I'm sure.

There is a common problem in tightly-secured domains in which you have to work with the domain admin or network security folks to explain to them what you are trying to do. If they are U.S. Government-trained network security officers, I am reminded of agent K's line from Men in Blackc - "We're from the government, ma'am. We don't have a sense of humor."

Seriously, a content-block access control list is usually implemented as a way to protect against dangerous files. So I'm with CJ on this one.... What are you trying to store?

There is another possibility, though. It might not be the type of file at all... it might be that it is being written by an automated program and the Host-Based Security System hasn't been told to expect you. McAfee's HBSS will do this without shedding a single tear as it hoses you completely.

coatse

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:45
bit more information would be helpful - what is the file type? and can you confirm you have added the identifier (e.x. .csv, .xlsx) have you spoken to your system administrator?

Its an access database and the file type is .accdb. I've also tried *.mdb but still won't save. its to only one share drive it won't save to. I know its not a user account issue as i have logged onto a few other machine in the domain and the issue does not follow. if i log onto my account onto his machine i can save to the share drive.

Update: The user can now save to his share drive. I recreated his share on the share drive and disabled offline mode. He can now save normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom