E Mailing From Access 2010 Error (1 Viewer)

Tor_Fey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:57
Good Day All;

I have recently upgraded our outlook package from 2010 to 2013; and Access from 2003 to 2010; I have a macro that would e mail out from a form on my Access database, unfortunately now I get error 2293 with the following message:

• Microsoft Access can't send this e mail message
    Before attempting to send an e mail message from Microsoft Access, resolve the problem identified in the previous message, or configure your computer to send and receive e mail messages.
Please Note: No other messages are shown as the message suggests!

I have also tried the following VBA code from a button:

• DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "rpt_count", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", test@test.com, "", "", "TEST", "TESTING E MAIL REPORT", False, ""

It seems to be an issue with the 'DoCmd.SendObject' part of the code or macro, but I can't find a solution to fix it, is anyone able to assist me with this error? :banghead:

Further information; the MACRO produces the following error message: 3, rpt_count, SnapshotFormat(*.snp), test@test.com, , , TEST, TESTING E MAIL REPORT, Yes,

Kind Regards
Tor Fey

Last edited:

Tor_Fey

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Minty;

Thanks for the reply; our MS Access & Outlook packages are delivered via App_V, so does this make them streamed?

Regards
Tor Fey

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I think so - they aren't "installed" as such on the target machine - you seem to get a link to a an active web browser.

I'm sure I found a link somewhere describing the different versions, but can't put my hand on it right now.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have posted this in other threads.

I do not think A2003 is compatible with outlook A2013

Try this. I think this will fail in A2003
Maybe it fails for all Access versions below A2013.

dim myoutlookapp as object
Set myOutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom