Sql Server & Ms Access Linked Tables (1 Viewer)

rashadakbar

Local time
Today, 00:40
Hi
I am using MS access as my front end for an application and have some linked tables to a sql server database in a web hosting service

I am able to connect and link the tables and things work fine but intermittently i am losing the connection with a SQL server odbc connection failed error

After a while it does reconnect but it is not consistent, for me to resolve it instantly i have to exit the application and reload it

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 19:40
I am no expert, but it sounds like the problem is the network and not your application.

rashadakbar

Local time
yes checked the network issue, tried at different locations thinking it was my site maybe but still the same problem
contacted the hosting company who do not have any timeout restrictions so unsure.
i dont really want to programmatically link the tables if this error occurs as it will cause issues as they could be in the middle of a transaction at the time

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 19:40
I see. Have you considered checking for a valid connection on the BeforeUpdate event? Not sure if that is what you are looking for...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:40
Hi. Welcome to AWF! Are you using the latest version of your ODBC driver?

rashadakbar

Local time
yes happens for all users

hosting company has no restrictions

a really strange one

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:40
yes happens for all users

hosting company has no restrictions

a really strange one
The only thing I could think of is somehow isolate each part of the environment to try and determine the source of the problem. For example, does the problem still exists if you were to use a different computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom