Web Hosting and Domain Registering (1 Viewer)

NightPort

Skizzy
Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
Ok, I have just taken over a webdeveloping project for some of my friends who are starting an online magazine. Anyway, the person that was originally doing this for some reason has the domain registered at a place that doesn't host the site but points to a host. I don't like this idea at all. I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on where I can transfer the registered site to a place that will both keep the site registration and host the website we are building. Something reliable and not overly expensive. I understand there are multiple (usually 3) choices of types you can do. At first I need something small to get it up and running, but I will ultimately need to bring it up in size. So upgrading our "status" when we need would also be helpful. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you provide.

Dreamboat

Smack in the Middle
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
1. I don't see a problem with having the domain registrar different from the host, but...

2. The absolute best, bar none... www.lunarpages.com
I have two webs hosted there, and I love their service.
800MB, unlimited emails, DB, FP, etc., for less than $100/year.

NightPort

Skizzy
Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
Well I guess it isn't really a problem having the two seperated. But I would prefer to have them together. In my mind and for the limited time I have to work with the site right now. So having them together is the prefered meathod to me. Also I have been getting jerked around by the two I do have right now so I don't have the best of opinions on the seperation. Anyway I will look at lunarpages and see what I can find. Any other suggestions from others are certainly welcome. Thanks again in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom