Question Automatic Checkbox??? (1 Viewer)

Spark021

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:04
Hi guys,

I am new to access, I still consider myself a newbie. Please if anybody posts anything try to dumb it down a little for me :D

So I have a quick database that I have made please see attachment.

On the CheckboxF form I would like Check 1,2,3,4,5,6 to be checked manually but when all of these are checked true. I would like the "JobComplete" checkbox to automatically check to true, I have bound this checkbox as I understand that I can not have an unbound checkbox on a continuous form.

I have also heard from others that it is never a good idea to automatically generate data but with no explanation if someone could explain this?

I feel that in this situation, human error of not marking "JobComplete" as true when all boxes are checked is a bigger risk.

I am open to any ideas though.

Thank you in advance. :)

Attachments

• SampleComboDB.accdb
    608 KB · Views: 97

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 18:04
Try it now, database attached.

Attachments

• SampleComboDB.accdb
    576 KB · Views: 86

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 12:04
Actually, the way I would phrase it is: You shouldn't store calculated values nor redundant data. You're right in wanting to reduce human error, but the best way to do this is to not even have a JobComplete field. If you can determine if a job is complete just by looking at the 6 other values, then you don't need the JobComplete field.

With that said, a numerated structure is usually a sign of a bad structure. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. are really poor names for fields, and most likely unnecessary. I have no clue what they represent. Are they tasks on a project? If so, are all tasks necessary to all projects? What happens if in the future a new task is added to the process? Or removed? That table is probably improperly structured.

Spark021

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:04
Actually, the way I would phrase it is: You shouldn't store calculated values nor redundant data. You're right in wanting to reduce human error, but the best way to do this is to not even have a JobComplete field. If you can determine if a job is complete just by looking at the 6 other values, then you don't need the JobComplete field.

With that said, a numerated structure is usually a sign of a bad structure. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. are really poor names for fields, and most likely unnecessary. I have no clue what they represent. Are they tasks on a project? If so, are all tasks necessary to all projects? What happens if in the future a new task is added to the process? Or removed? That table is probably improperly structured.

Hi plog,

This is just a little sample database that I quickly made.
My main database has confidential information in it so my boss would not like it being posted online.

I think that this is the only place within the database where data will have to be generated automatically.

Thank you for your feedback:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom