working with vlc activex plugin (1 Viewer)

eshai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:03
hi:
i have a form to insert picture from a webcam by a button_click
i did it with (appactivate & sendkeys) It's a bit messy
now I got a new webcam logitech c310 that don't have a shortcut keys
and the don't have a solution for access 2016 win 10(customer care)
i know about 3rd party solution (Not worth the money)
so i found vlc i know how to play a video but not how to stream live webcam and take a snapshot. (WIA) no longer supported (btw office 365 does have the option. mmm ???)

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:03
Glutton for punishment, eh?

Been a long time since I worked with VLC in Access/VBA. 5 years or so ago the ActiveX was reasonable well supported, and even then documentation was hard to come by. More recently in .NET, but not so much with streaming.

If you're familiar with .NET at all, it may be easier to fire up a little winforms project (VLC has to jump through hoops for WPF, so that'd muddy the waters), work up the basic code in there, then see about applying the same general approach to the COM interface for it in Access (I mention this because there's a lot more community support for VLC streaming in .NET than in VBA).

In a completely different direction, have you considered something like AutoHotKeys as a hacky workaround that could be measure in hours or time instead of days or weeks? If you don't need a highly robust solution, that might be more time effective.

eshai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:03
Glutton for punishment, eh?

forum rules or my method. didn't got it
it's one big mass directshow 9 replace wia. i prefered to get a new camera and not go in to that
but it will be nice if samone develop a free activex for that (i told it to logitech)

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:03
Is WIA deprecated? That'd be too bad, that's a nice library.

As for ActiveX, I wouldn't count on anyone developing one. COM is considered old tech these days - not much new being done with it (all we can do to hold on what's there now...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom