Let's Go Sabres!!! (1 Viewer)

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Today, 13:38
statsman said:
Holy Toledo!!!! The Sabres beat the Ottawa Senators in five games. Could it be this Buffalo bunch are for real?

Sorry to steal your thunder, but I lived in Ottawa for a while. Who do the Sabres meet in the next round? I'm beginning to believe.

They will be playing Carolina in the Conference Final starting Saturday at 2pm EST. You can bet I will in front of the TV!!!!

AM I PSYCHED!!!!!

Lisa

Bobert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:38
SABRES!!!!! WOOOOO Buffalonians!!

When Pomenville scored that goal... I called it. As soon as McKee took the penalty i said "I bet the Sabes will score here just to add insult to injury to the high on their horse Senators". AND IT HAPPENED!!

Carolina is going down. I would say that buffalo shouldnt even play them because its a waste of time, but there are no good teams in the west anymore.

-Bob

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
I am a bit worried about Carolina, because they are fast, although when I was watching parts of their series with the Devils, they always looked like they were slower. Who knows - I hope they can do it!!

And maybe the teams in the West aren't that good, but they play dirty, and in every Cup series I have seen Buffalo play, the officiating is unreasonably bent against the Sabres. I saw some of it when they played at home (!) against Ottawa. There hasn't been a lot, and they are rising above it, but if the officiating in the West gets bad, it will really suck. It will be reminiscent of the "NO GOAL" days.

Lisa

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
lmnop7854 said:
I am a bit worried about Carolina, because they are fast, although when I was watching parts of their series with the Devils, they always looked like they were slower. Who knows - I hope they can do it!!

And maybe the teams in the West aren't that good, but they play dirty, and in every Cup series I have seen Buffalo play, the officiating is unreasonably bent against the Sabres. I saw some of it when they played at home (!) against Ottawa. There hasn't been a lot, and they are rising above it, but if the officiating in the West gets bad, it will really suck. It will be reminiscent of the "NO GOAL" days.

Lisa

Yeah. And we saw some of that on Monday night during the 2nd period. This is an issue that greatly disturbs me in hockey - the unfair officiating. In some instances, a good team can rise above the crap that is called and actually win, but not in a series like the Stanley Cup. It just frosts me that this can sway the direction of any game, and no one talks about it. The commentators that call the game make absolutely no mention of the obvious infractions that go uncalled, and the NHL as a whole will fine coaches who speak ill of the officiating. It's just wrong, I tell you, wrong.

I told my boyfriend that until the world is ready for good to triumph over evil, the Sabres won't win the Cup.

Lisa

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 12:38
I haven't watched a lot of hockey lately, but I never noticed that the Western teams played dirtier than the East.

Here's hoping the Sabres make it to the finals, and they can lose to the Oilers. :D

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Game 7 tonight!! Here's hoping my Sabres prevail!!

Lisa

statsman

Local time
Sabres loose in 7.
Considering the injury problem, they had a magnificent playoff run.
Wait till next year Lisa.

By the way, Oilers in 5.

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
statsman said:
Sabres loose in 7.
Considering the injury problem, they had a magnificent playoff run.
Wait till next year Lisa.

By the way, Oilers in 5.

Yes, they did. And when they were leading in the 2nd period, I thought, "What if they win? How are they going to beat Edmonton?" So I think it was a blessing. They went as far as they could go, and that's right - WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom