Access 2007 and webforms (1 Viewer)

kevin_Carr

Local time
Tomorrow, 04:35
Hi all,

sorry to put out a 'newb' question but Im in need of a little guidance.

I am revamping an old 2003 database (ive already imported from the old and rebuilt it into an accdb format with some pretty stuff to go with it) but its been posed to me whether we can automate the 'Requests'.

Currently, on the Telstra Intranet, we have a webform to request a new Video Conference. Some of the information is pre-populates from LDAP (i believe), and the rest is all free-form.
Users fill in date, time, duration, host's name, and other assorted bits and pieces. The biggest problem is when they get to the Video Rooms (sites) that they are intending on using.
The webform fields for a site are:
E.164 Alias
IP Address
ISDN Number
Contact Name
Contact Number
Physical Address
Equipment Type

So staff have to manually fill this out. The Key field is the E.164 Alias as its a unique identifier. What i want to do is have a webform where the user types in the E.164 (whether it be free-type or drop down doesnt matter) and then it auto-populates most of the other fields - which is being sourced from a table in a database (master summary.accdb).

I also want it to be event based, as there will be multiple sites; once the first site has been selected, the user might press "Add" to have a new Site and then repeat the above scenario.

Now the big question for you: Should I be using an ASP page for this, or a HTML5 page? And secondly, can this kind of thing be linked?
Our company also uses Sharepoint 2007 and im thinking of eventually publishing the database on Sharepoint if that makes things easier to work with?

Thanks all for your forthcoming advise.

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom