Date format confusion when replicating to SQL (1 Viewer)

Tompen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:02
Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this one.
I have an Access database that replicates to an SQL server with a number of append and update queries. Part of this is of course to identify the most recent and the newly added records. This is done with time stamps on all records. In our Swedish community this works well since everyone uses the same date format (YYYY-MM-DD).
Recently we added our Dutch community (using D-M-YYY) which caused confusion. In the local tables everything looks fine and Access manages the different formats. The issue occurs in the communication to the SQL server. When a Dutch person has added / updated a record it will have a timestamp that looks correct locally but on the server it will have been misunderstood so that September 5th becomes May 9th.
My idea was to force a ISO format in the append and update queries feeding the server but I don't want to loose the Date type. I don't manage to find a way to force this YYYY-MM-DD format without loosing the Date type...
I realize my description might not be easily understood - but hopefully it makes sense to someone familiar to this.
Highly appreciate any guidance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom