Please help..... (1 Viewer)

Kelly Napier

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:58
Every client has a list of actions that have happened on a certain date. These actions need to be costed but the data is variable. So I need to find a way that I can list the actions that have happened on a certain date and then add 'time spent' and an 'hourly rate'. This way I can cost how much a client has cost to go through our system.

I tried a query, in which I put a look up field for the time spent and then put cost=[time spent]*[hourly rate] - this worked perfectly, but i need to be able to record each day - this simply overwrote each time I used it.

I am self taught so please be gentle with me.

Thanks in advance

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 05:58
you didnt provide any table structure.
I have tWork table to record work done:
ProjectID
EmpID
StartTime
EndTime

EmpID has the rate in his table, tEmployees
ProjectID has info in the tProject table for the client.

Kelly Napier

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:58
Sorry - it was a bit of a ramble.

I have a table of "Action/Outcome Codes"

Code
Issue
Description

I have a table "Case Notes"

Client ID
Date
Project Worker
Issue References
Action/Outcome Codes (look-up field linked to the above table)
General Notes
Case Review Date
Date Case Reviewed

There is a case note for every action is made for the client - you can choose multiple action/outcome codes. What I want to be able to do is add a time to each Action/Outcome Code, based on the individual case note, which I can then calculate the cost of the action per client per day.

I hope this makes sense?
Thank you for your patience.
Kelly

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:58
on your present table structure (with multivalue field) you cant do the calculation per action.
suggest to break this Action/OutCome to into a separate table that you can linked to "Case Notes" table.
by this aside from from Action/Outcome field you can add another field for calculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom