Combobox Tab query (1 Viewer)

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:36
Hi

Question on how combobox functionality works and whether there is a property to adjust its nature.

Currently i have a combox with a list populated fomr a table.

If i type Dinosaur in the combox and say i get to "dino" and it predicts the rest and i click tab it moves the cursor to the end of the word and then i have to press tab again to move to the next control in the form.

Is there a way of once it has predicted the corrected word that when you click tab it goes straight to next control rather than having to press tab twice?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't think this is normal behaviour.
Check in your Access Options - Client Settings - Move After Enter, and also Arrow key behaviour - see what's set.

Doesn't do it on my database. Enter or Tab goes to the next field / control on the forms tab order.

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Currently have set for move after enter - next field and arrow key behaviour - next field

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Minty, if you wanted to open the example you helped me out with earlier on today that is a form that i am having this double tab issue with. See if it works ok on yours with that form and then i know it is def a setting issue somewhere. Cheers

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, Enter key moves it Tab doesn't. Add another unbound control in the header and try that. I think it's because it is the only "Field" in the form header.

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Sadly that didnt work either. Very confusing in.

Im gonna try it at home on new form and see if get same result.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
What happens if the detail section is visible before hand?

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
I'll give that a try. Just to update you within same database i created blank form and created two comboboxes and as soon as iu could see the correct input ie dinosaur by typing din i tabbed and it moved to next combobox so the settings for database seem ok. it is just something within that form that is stopping it working for me. Very odd

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Ok i just tried moving the combobox to the detail section and the tab functioon works fine so any ideas why it wouldnt in the header section?

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Tested new form and it does appear the tab function in a header does work differently to the tab function in the main detail section whereby if you tab during typing in a combobox it intially tabs to end of comboxb and then onto next control. Will try go through properties to see if i can see any differences between form properties for header and detail.

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Scratch the above. I have found the problem.

Minty has been assiting me today on another thread regarding detail.visible false.
Within that thread we ended up creating a recordsource based on a query that linked to a combobox input. THis combobox was the cbox in the header.

I then put in the afterupdate of the cbox
Code:
docmd.requery

I removed this line of code and the tabbing function begins to work again without a hitch. So why would that code mixed with how i have selected a record source cause the tab issue?

Cheers for any help.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
From memory I think a requery will put the focus back to the control with first tab?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom