Macro in Excel 365? (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 08:07
Hi all,

I posted this at https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1068642-macro-excel-365-a.html but have not had any response, so thought I'd try here, as the boss is coming in tomorrow with his surface tablet to give me access to try to see why it does not work there.

I created a macro enabled workbook for one of the directors. Works fine in Excel 2007 which we use.
He on the other hand uses Office 365.
Placing the workbook on his desktop, the macro will not run from the button I created.

We have set macro to run without warning and added the desktop to trusted location, but nothing appears to happen.

When we tried to run the macro manually, it wanted him to login in to somewhere with his microsoft account, and despite double checking the account name xxxx.onmicrosoft.com it states account is not known.?

Firstly I'd like to be able to run the macroes without having to login all the time, but is this a requirement of Office 365.?

If not, what else do we need to do to get it running please.?

TIA

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I note your post has yet to receive a reply. I also note, I don't think you are holding out much hope as to getting a reply! However I thought it was worth bumping it up the list just to make sure everyone's seen it. I also note this could have been phrased better!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Thank you Tony.
I forgot about it with other things going on. :)

FWIW, my boss got some sort of update and after that the macro works as it should.
I have not been able to get on to his laptop to see if I could see what had changed, and as I no longer work there, I can leave it alone. :)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
doesn't matter now, but perhaps could be a case of trusted locations (or not)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Hi CJ_London,
I checked the trusted locations and macro settings, and they looked fine.
I am not going to worry about it unless something similar occurs if I get a new job and get to use Excel in that way again.

doesn't matter now, but perhaps could be a case of trusted locations (or not)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom