Report to show n records when date same (1 Viewer)

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 00:46
Hello

hopefully a quick question which can be answered in an easy way

I have a report which is populated by a query for a date which the end user is asked for and inputs

how ever, the table the query is pulling data from has the potential to have two or maybe more entries for the same date my issue is i can only seem to get the report to display the first record ( looks to me like behaves in similar way to a dlookup)

if i add another text box it just repeats further down the report i would like them all clustered together as shown in the attached doc

i would like the data from the picture called "nextrecord" to be displayed in same location as in the other picture

any help would be great

sorry if not been very clear or asking for the impossible

Attachments

• nextrecord.png
    nextrecord.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 60
  • handover1.png
    handover1.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 62

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Two questions - What is the SQL query?
Do your records dates have times values in them?

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Two questions - What is the SQL query?
Do your records dates have times values in them?

SQL for query
Code:
SELECT T_Rep.AMGen, T_Rep.AMSick, T_Rep.AMHelpDesk, T_Rep.AMHBW, T_Rep.[AM When], T_Rep.[AM Who], T_Rep.PMGen, T_Rep.PMSick, T_Rep.PMHelpDesk, T_Rep.PMHBW, T_Rep.[PM When], T_Rep.[PM Who], T_Rep.NightGen, T_Rep.NightSick, T_Rep.NightHelpDesk, T_Rep.NightHBW, T_Rep.[Night When], T_Rep.[Night Who]
FROM T_Rep
WHERE (((T_Rep.[AM When])=[enter date]));

and no the records don't have time values just the date

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If your [AM When] field is just a date with no time, why is it called [AM When]?

Also do you need date delimiters

Code:
WHERE (((T_Rep.[AM When])= #" & [enter date] & "#));

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
To add to Ridders observation, I would say looking at those field names this doesn't look like very normalised data structure.

If you have a lot of event timing going on you would normally store the EventType and the EventDate in a separate table. This way you can have as many or as few events as required.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 07:46
Create a subreport for each HEADER, general, sick, helpdesk, hbw. And put it in the report. You will need to create query for each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom