Report containing "DLookuo" which is linked to a Query requiring a user input for its (1 Viewer)

fznajar

Local time
Today, 04:05
Report containing "DLookuo" which is linked to a Query requiring a user input for its

Hi all,
I have a question about DLookup:
In my Query-linked Report, I have "DLookup" that is returning an error. The Query itself requires a user input to generate the table.
I noticed if I remove the interactive criteria from the query, the Dlookup works fine.
Is there a solution for this?
Thanks in advance,

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 07:05
Re: Report containing "DLookuo" which is linked to a Query requiring a user input for

dont use Dlookup in a query.
The query IS the lookup. Use the lookup table and connect it to the data table to perform the lookup.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Re: Report containing "DLookuo" which is linked to a Query requiring a user input for

Welcome!

Normally you would post a question such as this in
Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Queries
or
Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports
depending on where you are using DLookup

That said, can you post the SQL for your query as well as how you are trying to use DLookup in? Or is the DLookup on a control on the report?

Does the DLookup use the query that the report uses?

fznajar

Local time

Thank you Ranman256.
The Dlookup is in the report. It is looking into the Query table that is generated after the user enter the required information.

fznajar

Local time

Thank you Mark_
I will observe the regulations.
The expression is:

=DLookUp("[Full ID]","Cryo_96-well_query","[Position] = 'G1' ")

The "Cryo_96-well_query" asks the user to enter "plate number".

Best

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time

Is Cryo_96-well_query the same query you run the report off of? More important, is there any way to have the report pass the plate number to the query?

Normally you would not use a query that requires user input within a report. The user would not know what to enter as the report is currently processing and has no way to let the user know which record is being printed.

fznajar

Local time

You are correct Mark
So the user will only invokes the Form, the question "Plate number" will pop up. the user never sees the query table as it is hidden. This is where the error comes.
If I remove the "question" interface from the Query and simply generate the query table before I invoke the form, then the DLookup works great.
I was just hoping that I can have thew user use the form only with no need to change the criteria in the Query.
Best

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom