Question taxi booking sytem help!! (1 Viewer)

magwarn

Local time
Today, 10:46
I am a student doing my A-Levels, and i am making a taxi booking system for an emaginary company. I have very little knwoledge of access, just the basics really. So any help you can offer will be much appriciated.

I am wondering how i would be able to created a table for the user to use when a new booking is made. So information such as pick up time/date, name, address, and the driver who will do the job etc. can be put onto the drivers schedule at a click of a button. So when the time is input into the booking table, the system will know what drivers are avialible at that time. I dont know if a list could be shown when the time is put in or not.
But i basically need help creating the system. so any help you can offer will be fantastic.

Thanks

jsv2002

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:46
Hi magwarn,

Thats a very ambitious first project as a lot of what your asking to do will require VB coding also looking up information in a database that does not exist yet eg. times drivers are free is very difficult though not impossible.

I would start withe the basic by making your tables for the required information and searching this forum for how to structure a database correctly if you come unstuck with specifics I am sure many people here will help.

Good luck John

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:46
Welcome to the site. This is an ambitious project. I work for a transportation company and have written a couple of taxi reservation/dispatch systems. In our case, we don't bother trying to assign the driver at the time the reservation is taken, though I did include a field for a requested driver. Most of the time, the driver is not known or assigned until the reservation is actually dispatched, since you never know in advance who will be in the vicinity of the pickup until the time of the reservation.

Angel424

Local time
Today, 02:46
if you need more info how taxi dispatch works you need to do research of how such apps and softwares work to help you out i have searched following companies maybe this could help you in understanding how these apps work cabstartup, autocab

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom