Limit Access Query / Report column to 2 Decimal places for currency (1 Viewer)

awoitte

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:51
I currently have access queries, that reports are being generated from and one of the columns that is a dollar figure is showing 4 decimal places.

My original instinct was to edit the query, so when the report is ran its already changed, but I cannot figure out where to make this change at.

Running MS Access 2016

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:51
I don't like hiding things in queries. I prefer to do it on the report. But in either case, open the object in design view and on the properties dialog, look for the decimal places property. Set it to 2.

awoitte

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:51
I don't like hiding things in queries. I prefer to do it on the report. But in either case, open the object in design view and on the properties dialog, look for the decimal places property. Set it to 2.

That did not work, screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Decimal.png
    Decimal.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 59

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:51
You've chopped the view so much I can't tell what each element is.

Are you sure the field is numeric?
Are you sure the query where you specified 2 decimal places is what the view it of?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:51
I'm with Pat on this one. The .PNG is so confusing that I cannot tell anything. However, I can tell you that the highlighted column that shows data that goes as far as 4 decimal places isn't something in Report view. And it appears that part of a design-view ribbon is in place above that display, so I'm not sure WHAT we are seeing.

Myself, I would use a format string of some sort (a different property than decimal places) to assure proper value displays. But that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom