Email Without SMTP (1 Viewer)

abbaddon223

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me (again)

I currently use some Vba and XML so send email to Mandrill to go out via their mail server.

The problem I'm having is that the code I am using utilises SMTP which is making each send take a little too long (about 1 a second)

The database is c900,000 records so it'll take way too long.

Current process is load data, load form with and email address in a control >send > next record etc etc

What I'm looking to achieve is to dump as many record as fast as possible into Mandrill and let them deal with getting them out.

Can anyone help please?

Phil

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:26
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me (again)

I currently use some Vba and XML so send email to Mandrill to go out via their mail server.

The problem I'm having is that the code I am using utilises SMTP which is making each send take a little too long (about 1 a second)

The database is c900,000 records so it'll take way too long.

Current process is load data, load form with and email address in a control >send > next record etc etc

What I'm looking to achieve is to dump as many record as fast as possible into Mandrill and let them deal with getting them out.

Can anyone help please?

Phil
900,000 records? id be surprised if your ISP let that happen? that many records in short time would flag up surely.

anyway, assuming that you can do it, your process is a bit long winded. you dont have to load a form with an address each time, you can pass the email address via code and loop the process. a single form counter could show you where you are with a little math

thanks

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 00:26
You have 900,000 existing customers? Or are you a spammer?

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 00:26
It's a legitimate question. I want to know if I'm helping a spammer or not.

There's lots of mail solutions on this forum. Use the search function, or ask Mandrill... I have a hard time beleiving they don't have an interface for uploading your subscriber list.

maxgei

Local time
Today, 07:26
Hi Phil,
I'm interested to your VBA Library for Mandrill. Have you a Git account or other repository?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom