Any idea's? Timesheet attempt (1 Viewer)

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:59
Hi,
Not quite sure how to go about this one?
I have found a lot of examples but none that really help me?

What i want to do from the data in my database is, based on the startdate and enddate, is to insert onto a monthly sheet either a 0 or a 1 which will then be totalled to give us each employee on the sheets monthly hours.

I hope you can help?

Many thanks in advance

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

You would need to give a little more info I'm afraid. Your question doesn't supply enough info to create any possible solution.

PM me if you like

Thanks

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Nigel,
Thanks for getting back to me.
Basically we currently use a monthly timesheet for payroll which has personnel down the left and the day numbers across the top. Forming a sheet of cells, in which we put a 0 or 1 indicating that an employee was either working that day or not.
Now in my database we record the start date of a job and the end date of the job relating to the job that an employee is on.
I need to try and recreate the current sheet automatically as a report from the data in the database.
Each sheet is created per job.
Does this explain better?

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Yes it does explain better however, let's look at this scenario to help me understand more:

Job starts 01/04/2013
Job ends 07/04/2013
1 person working

6 days on the job ( based on your description )

What happens if the person has 2 days off in between? How are the time sheets logged? Are they daily entries? If so, you can run a routine to add a 1 or 0 at the point of entry.

If you want to PM me, I'll send you a Dropbox link to post me the db and I'll take a look. I could then add what you need quite easily :)

Cheers

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Hey, very grateful for your help as this would be good to have if we can achieve it?
Basically start date to end date would be one job and then they would have some time off and then they may do another job for 2 weeks straight.
So they could be working for 25 days of the month or 2 stints on the same job.
If they worked on a different project then they would be on a different sheet for that job.
I'll PM you just now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom